Monday, April 25, 2005

WTF, God?

A014_Ratzinger_InVat-1-2000

While trawling the conservative media today for nuggets of craziness, I happened upon this shocking confession
VATICAN CITY -- Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that he had prayed to God during the conclave not to be elected pope but that "evidently this time He didn't listen to me."

For the first time since his election, Benedict shed light on his feelings inside the conclave during an audience with German pilgrims, who gave a hero's welcome to the first German pope in centuries. . . .

"At a certain point, I prayed to God, 'Please don't do this to me,"' he told the audience, saying he viewed the swelling votes in his favor as a "guillotine." He recalled saying to God in his prayers: "You have younger, better, more enthusiastic and energetic candidates."

"Evidently, this time He didn't listen to me," Benedict said.
That's because he was too busy preparing for Justice Sunday. Somebody had to write Bill Frist's speech.
|