Friday, February 03, 2006

How'd That Happen?

For reasons that evade comprehension, this blog has been nominated for a Koufax Award in the "Most Deserving of Wider Recognition" category. The field is huge -- about 300 blogs -- and filled with offerings that are much more intelligent and seditious than mine (and that's just among those competitors whose blogs also begin with the letter 'A'). Not to poison the well or anything, but I might observe that my inconsistent posting over the past several months should probably disqualify me from too much consideration. And since about 90% of my hits on any given day come from people looking to find this picture -- which I stole from this guy -- I can't imagine I'll crack the top 250.

But thanks to whoever nominated me. I owe you a shiny new nickel and a signed copy of my (as yet unwritten) memoir about working at Subway in 1993, a project that I will pursue with renewed devotion after my university administrators discover this blog and fire me.
|